Tuesday 26 March 2013

Seasons, Time and Aging

I will be creating the passing of time manually instead of letting the game control it.

Days of the week

The one thing that the game will control! I play paying attention to the particular day of the week - i.e. no classes at Hogwarts on weekends.

Months and Seasons

I change the season manually by changing the 'seasons order' to repeat the current season. E.g. when it is Autumn, all 4 seasons are set to Autumn. When winter arrives in my game, I will leave introduce winter as the following season, and let the natural change in weather occur, then once in mid-winter, I'll change all seasons to winter.

I haven't yet decided how many weeks I'll play per month, but I will try to cover seasonal events, such as Halloween in October, Christmas in December, and the Easter and Summer holidays. Because of this, I might end up being flexible with how long I play a season, to allow me to play out everything I want to.

Years

After four seasons, it's a new year. Each September a new school year will begin and my students will progress through the years at Hogwarts.

At a later date, I could introduce events into certain years, like the Triwizard Tournament or the Quidditch World Cup.

Aging

I play with aging off in every household and will manually age my sims when they reach the appropriate year:

Babies: 0 years
Toddlers: 1-3 years
Children: 4-12 years
Teens: 13-18 years
YA: 19-22 years
Adult: 19/22 - 59 years
Elder: 60+ years

The transition from child to teen happens during the Summer after their 2nd year at Hogwarts.
The transition from teen to YA/Adult happens after their 7th year at Hogwarts.
The transition from YA to Adult happens after 4 University years. I might look at mods to adjust this if it's annoying me.

I play with inTeenimator to allow teens and YAs to carry on relationships as they age up.

Death

I don't know yet!! =(

No comments:

Post a Comment