Monday 25 March 2013

Hogwarts - Hufflepuff Section

Third installment of Hogwarts Castle is the Hufflepuff Section. Hufflepuff is 'my' house, so it holds a dear part in my heart. I love the descriptions of it being like an earthy hobbit-hole, all comfy and cosy, so I've tried to make it along those lines.

Again, though, this is still a work in progress ;)

The Hufflepuff common room is on the basement level, accessed from a corridor near the kitchens (the kitchens in my castle are in the basement level of the Great Hall which is to the left of this lot. So, using your imagination, you can pretend that the corridor seen here joins up with that lot.)

The Common room entrance is hidden behind some barrels, which you can see in the corridor there. The room itself is round, earthy, full of plants and has two doors leading off to the dormitories. I have just two - one for girls on the right, and one for boys on the left.

The theme of the room is the house colours of yellow and black, along with lots of plants. There's seating around the hearth, and some study area too.

I don't have any round doors, so I had to improvise with half-round windows either side.

The dorm rooms have yellow four-poster beds and yellow curtains. =)

On the floor above, is the Hufflepuff's Head of House's office and apartment. This is currently Sprout, the woman who apparently can't bear to retire. o.o! EDIT: I realised that I'd forgotten that Neville is Herbology prof at this point. So Pomona has to have retired/died. I decided to be lazy and just rename the sim and make the new head of house Pomona's younger sister Rose Sprout, who now teaches Muggle Studies. I gave her an appearance makeover too. haha. This floor also has the Hufflepuff's secret dining room and a public toilet for guests to the lot. Neither of these are 'canon', they just make life easier in the sims.

You can see in this picture, that out the back of this section are some veg patches. I guess this could be part of the kitchen gardens, as the kitchens are so close, but in my game they are tended by Sprout and the Hufflepuffs, to boost their herbology (gardening) skills.

Sprout's apartment is very cosy and cluttered =)

The third floor is largely empty, with just one classroom here.

The classroom - just generic at the moment as I don't have any other professors living in this section. These two students are Bill Weasley's girls Victoire (the blonde) and Dominique (the red-head).


I've been experimenting with simlogical's school set, although haven't had much luck keeping the students in their seats!! They seem to get bored and stop working very quickly. =/

Once I've built all of the main sections of the school and need to pad them out with extra classrooms, this section will probably gain another floor or two with more classrooms and another teacher's apartment.

1 comment:

  1. This is Amazing!
    Its so perfect. lol I do wish you had a better angle of the chairs in front of the fireplace, but oh well. Great work!

    ReplyDelete