Thursday 21 March 2013

Grimmauld Place sneak peek

This lot really isn't finished yet. I'm terrible at decorating houses before the family moves in and I get a good feel for how the house will be used, so the inside is still a work in progress!

That aside, here's the external front view of Grimmauld Place! To muggles, this house doesn't appear and they see only 10, 11, 13, 14... so I decided to make the outside of the house quite different from the rest of the street, although still keeping the Georgian Townhouse flavour.


This house is bigger on the inside. In fact, the inside is probably bigger than canon, but I always imagined the Black's to be a wealthy family with a large ancestral home, so the inside of the house stretches from just beside the front doors of both houses next door to it, cheating quite a bit of extra room.

Also, as I am playing from the epilogue of Deathly Hallows, this is the family home to the Potters, which means the inside won't be as dreary and the layout will be fitting to their family. I moved the kitchen up to the ground floor as well because I didn't like the idea of it in the basement, and I figure after 19 years, Harry and Ginny might have decided to rearrange the rooms a little ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment