Tuesday 9 October 2012

Library D'Livre Remake

The third building of Academie Le Tour to be remodeled. Internally, not much has changed here, but I didn't like the externals, so redid them to match the other two remodeled buildings... and banished the huge amount of concrete (and barbeques, why does EA put barbeques everywhere??)

You can click the pictures to view them larger.


The toilet block out the back is completely unchanged. I toyed with the idea of trying to include them inside, but decided to leave them out there. Externally here a lot has changed. The bay/oriel windows add a bit of character and help this building to match the others. I like the domed roof =) and I got rid of the pointless dormers-with-no-windows.


Inside, I've just moved the staircase and divided the space of the ground floor up a little. I've put a front desk in the middle, between the stairs, along with a pointless cash register, simply because I like the structure that a desk and 'employee' gives a public building. The back section becomes an enclosed study room for groups working on a project or wanting a little privacy. Half-walls separate study booths with desks and computers, and the rest of the space is bookshelves and seating.


Upstairs I've just replaced the seating and the fences around the gallery level. I think the layout works a lot better with the stairs in the middle like this and two staircases helps prevent sim traffic jams when playing.


No comments:

Post a Comment