Tuesday 9 October 2012

King's Music Hall remake


Another ALT remake, although this one is a mixture of King's Music Hall by EA and this theatre here - the externals and dressing room set up especially are inspired copied from Stoffelsim's theatre.


I've always been disappointed by the King's Music Hall, and again it's a lot that I really didn't use that much. However, I really wanted a place for my musical and drama simmies to practice and perform and would love to be able to hold a graduation ceremony each time a class graduates. So after drawing a lot of inspiration from Stoffelsim's theatre, I gave King's a huge overhaul to make it more playable.

The basic arrangement of stage, auditorium and entrance lobby are the same. I replaced the toilets from the original building with a proper dressing room and backstage arrangement. The toilets have been moved to the wings of the building. I created a top level of seating on a stage with steps up to it. The lobby has ticket desks on one side and a lounge area on the other.

This screenshot shows the stage set up with a concert piano, but I can switch this to whatever I want to use the space for - a band's performance, a play, a lecture or a ceremony. The curtains at the back could be swapped out for scenery.


Upstairs, I stripped out the centre of the floor to make the stage and auditorium double height. There are three 'boxes' along the back of the auditorium for private viewing. Above the lobby are two balconies, one with a bar and the other with some seating. The rest of the upper floor remains as practice rooms, with instruments and seating.


I use a mod which allows community lot skill building, which makes this lot a ton more useful! My sims that can't afford instruments of their own come here to practice, or to perform and try to earn a bit of cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment